The Bliss Embroidered Tank
Designer: Uma & Leopold
we're always looking for a flattering tank and the Bliss Tank fits the bill. soft, unstructured and totally breathable, it's the perfect tank to pair with your favourite lace bralette. rayon crepe fabric was chosen for its luxurious drape which creates soft, subtle movement.
fiona fell in love with Kerawang embroidery on her first trip to Bali. exploring the local markets, she discovered an array of pieces featuring this unique embroidery technique. this regional textile began in the 1700's, and the term originally comes from the word "terawang", meaning "can see through".
each piece featuring Kerawang embroidery is unique, one of a kind and can take a month for creation. gifted Balinese artisans handpicked for their skill level create the pattern, designed to be embroidered, is first made in a block graph on paper. after that, the fabric is cut to be used for the base material. once the fabric is prepared, layers of thread are carefully removed from the fabric with precision. once there is enough available space on the cloth, it is ready to be embroidered and the spaces filled with motifs.
- loose fit, dip in lower back
- handmade Kerawang embroidery
- rayon crepe
- handmade in Bali
- by Uma & Leopold
size & fit information:
- model is wearing size small
- looser fit goes over your curves and flows away from the hips
- low back with detailed embroidery highlight your figure
- pair this piece with your favourite lace bralette to add texture
- cool hand wash, lay flat to dry, low iron