Bliss Mini Dress in Charcoal Grey
Designer: Uma & Leopold
we instantly fell in love with this mini! loose fitted and featuring the most beautiful Kerawang detailed embroidery, this dress is sure to become a summer favourite. we love this piece paired with simple, contemporary leather sandals or heels for going out on a summer night. throw it over your bikini and this beauty will take you from the beach to lunch!
we fell in love with Kerawang embroidery on our first trip to Bali. exploring the markets in Ubud, we discovered an array of pieces featuring this unique embroidery technique. this regional textile began in the 1700's. the term originally comes from the word "terawang", which translates to "can see through".
each piece featuring Kerawang embroidery is unique, one of a kind and can take a month for creation. gifted Balinese artisans handpicked for their skill level create the pattern, designed to be embroidered, is first made in a block graph on paper. after that, the fabric is cut to be used for the base material. once the fabric is prepared, layers of thread are carefully removed from the fabric with precision. once there is enough available space on the cloth, it is ready to be embroidered and the spaces filled with motifs.
- loose fit, slips on in a breeze
- handmade Balinese Kerawang embroidery
- 100% rayon
- handmade and dyed in Bali
- by Uma & Leopold
size & fit:
- model is wearing size small
- loose fit, easy on & off
- taller gals size up by one
- easily pairs with a strapless bra, lace bralette or your bikini
- lightweight, non-stretchy fabric maintains shape for better wear
- the Bliss Mini Dress in white is fully lined